Apple Watch senses force, adding a new dimension to the user interface. Force Touch uses tiny electrodes around the flexible Retina display to distinguish between a light tap and a deep press, and trigger instant access to a range of contextually specific controls. With Force Touch, pressing firmly on the screen brings up additional controls in apps like Messages, Music, and Calendar. It also lets you select different watch faces, pause or end a workout, search an address in Maps, and more.
Using a Force Touch trackpad . So many gestures to learn. Such as ones here:
- When you Force Click on a word in a browser, it will automatically open a Wikipedia lookup of it.
- If you’re in the Mail app, then Force Clicking on the address in the email will open the Map that shows the location.
- If someone has sent you a date and time for an event via Messages or email, then Force Clicking on it will automatically create a Calendar entry.
- You can also force click on a file in Finder and automatically get a preview of the file without opening the application.
- You can also force click on a link in Safari to get a quick preview of the webpage.
- In addition, the force sensors can sense a range of pressures on the trackpad, so you can press lightly for a thin stroke or harder for a thick one, allowing you to create a more accurate illustration while signing your signature for forms in Preview based on the pressure.
- You can fast forward a video in QuickTime by pressing deeper on the fast forward button. The deeper you press, the faster it goes.
- In some ways, Apple seems to be replacing the three-finger tap with the Force Click gesture. Update: You can use the two-finger tap on the Force Touch trackpad for the right-click just like the previous trackpad.
Aside from the Force Touch, is the Digital Touch - how use digital touch.
The first way to communicate via Digital Touch is to draw a picture on your Apple Watch screen. Your drawing will animate and disappear after a few seconds of inactivity, which is then sent to your friend. When your friend opens your Digital Touch, your drawing will be drawn on their screen in the same way that you drew it – a small but personal touch.